What are the benefits of making a bequest?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered for your faithful stewardship
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family or loved ones
- You may receive estate tax savings
How can I learn more?
How do I make a bequest?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or your Church as part of your estate plan. You can leave a gift in perpetuity to the Catholic Foundation, Diocese of St. Augustine and benefit your parish, Catholic school or favorite ministry. Or if you wish, a gift of cash can be designated to any of these entities.
What are my options?
A bequest can be made in several ways:
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
- You can gift a percentage of your estate
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets
How do I get started?